The Shared Tables Thierry Marx Career Development Award 2017
The Shared Tables Thierry Marx Career Development Award is in its 11th year and gives Victorian cookery students the opportunity to travel to Paris and work for 14 days under the guidance of Thierry Marx and his team in the kitchen of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Students will also be able to spend three days at the Le Cordon Bleu Paris Institute along with four days travel and leisure.
The requirements are:
- A statement of up to 200 words explaining why the student deserves to be chosen as a finalist in the 2017 Shared Tables Thierry Marx Career Development Award.
- Create two original Thierry Marx inspired dishes; one main course and one dessert.
What are we looking for? A mature minded individual who is looking for an opportunity to further develop their career and expand their culinary knowledge.
Who can apply? Anyone currently enrolled at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Certificate III Commercial Cookery or Certificate III in Patisserie (as a full time student or apprentice/trainee) prior to the 14th July2017. Qualified chefs cannot apply.
How to apply?
- Applicants may nominate themselves
- Employers may nominate their apprentice
- Employers or a member of an RTO must endorse the nomination
- Fill in the application form
- Provide recipes and photos of the dishes to Greg O’Shea at Greg.Oshea@Holmesglen.edu.au by Friday 14th July 2017, as per competition guidelines.
The Judging Panel will consider all written applications and will select a shortlist of finalists. Finalists will be contacted on the 21st of July 2017 to prepare. These finalists will be required to be available at an allotted time to prepare their dishes and be interviewed by the judging panel at Holmesglen Institute Moorabbin Campus on Monday 31st of July 2017.
Please contact Greg O’Shea, Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
p: 0403 570 515
The winner will receive:
- Three weeks in Paris 14 days training under the guidance of Thierry Marx and his team at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Paris, France.
- Three day experience at the Le Cordon Bleu Paris Institute.
- Remainder of time for travel and leisure.
- Three weeks’ accommodation in Paris.
- AUD$500 to help cover out of pocket and incidental expenses.
- A scholarship valued at AU$5,000* to study a Le Cordon Bleu program of the winners choice and gift pack valued at$100.
- conditions apply (winner must enrol in the Le Cordon Bleu programme within 12 months of receipt of Thierry Marx award)
- National recognition and publicity through multiple media channels.
- Winner’s certificate.
The runner up will receive:
- A three day pastry kitchen experience at Le Petit Gateau Melbourne including a hands on chocolate showpiece master class with Pierrick Boyer and his team, valued at $1,000
- Dinner for four people at one of Holmesglen’s Industry Icon Dinners valued at $300
- Le Cordon Bleu and Holmesglen gift pack valued at $100
The third placed finalist will receive:
- Holmesglen Modernist cuisine 2 day cooking class valued at $1,200
- Lunch at Donovan’s Restaurant valued at $100
All finalists will receive:
- A certificate and a Le Cordon Bleu and Holmesglen gift pack valued at $100
The total prize pool is valued at over $20,000
For full details on the competition please click here to download the application/flyer and we encourage you to pass on the application/flyer and support students whom you think may benefit from this amazing opportunity by forwarding to candidates, employers or educational organisations who may have students who would like the opportunity to enter.